La Quinta Inn & Suites - St. Albans, VT

Staff was quite pleasant.


I reserved the room through Expedia's AARP site. Nice, easy, great site to use. After a long drive and great day visiting family we arrived at La Quinta Inn and Suites in St. Albans, VT in the evening, long after dark. Check in was simple and friendly. It was nice that the hotel didn't require an imprint of my credit card for "incidentals." (I had paid in advance through the Expedia website.) 

Small window in room and example of chair
Photo from La Quinta website
We arrived at night and didn't not the hotel windows, so I was surprised when we arrived and saw the room only had one small window. I'm sure the windows were intended for energy conservation but even after sunrise the room was fairly dim.

I sat down on the bed and found the the mattress was broken down. That concerned me but I found the center of the twin bed to be okay. There wasn't a desk and chair but there were two small sitting chairs with a small table between them. I think they were designed for hobbits. My 6'3" frame found them too uncomfortable to use.

The TV was nice, a flat screen, okay sound and a reasonable number of channels available. I watched it for a little bit, but It had been a tiring day, long drive and lots of Christmas Day excitement, so I quickly fell asleep.

Lobby Television & "business" workstation & printer
Photo from La Quinta website
I woke to the sounds of a very noisy refrigerator. Grumble, grumble. We didn't have anything in the fridge so I got up and unplugged it. I didn't get back to sleep. After tossing and turning for a while, I got up and went downstairs to the lobby to hang out. At least they had real coffee. They had a nice couch and a couple chairs but only the chairs faced the lobby television. There was also a small desk with a computer next to it. I connected to the internet via their wifi. It connected right away but didn't seem to want to download my email through my email app. I don't know what happened; but after about twenty minutes, it started working.

I went back upstairs, packed to leave, then my wife and I headed down for breakfast. Not very much. Cereal, instant oatmeal, a pancake making machine and a waffle iron. No donuts, rolls, or bananas. There were some hard boiled eggs but no other proteins that I could see. We decided to checkout instead of eating there. Checkout was quick and easy. Again the staff was quite pleasant. We drove the 30 minutes or so to South Burlington and had breakfast at Denny's.

Will I be back?  Probably.  It is the closest reasonably priced hotel to the family I visit in Vermont although I may try the Econolodge a mile further away next time.

Check In 5
Room 3
Facilities 3
Breakfast 2
Check Out  5

During this visit I didn't check out the pool or the workout room, so I won't comment about them.

All photos are from the La Quinta website. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chef George’s Auto Mile Diner, Saco Maine

Bridge Street Cafe - Rockford, MN

Review – Home Chef - Meal Delivery Service