Chef George’s Auto Mile Diner, Saco Maine

Restaurant Review – Chef George’s Auto Mile Diner, Saco Maine


I’ve found a great little breakfast place in Saco, the Auto Mile Diner. It is small, but the food is excellent, and the staff is always friendly. I’ve been there several times for breakfast and have always found the breakfasts great.

I was getting my Jeep serviced across the street and walked over for breakfast. I there are only eight tables, but I was able to find a good seat. Moments after arriving the Owner asked if I’d like coffee. After hearing my reply, a nice cup of coffee was placed in front of me. There is a menu on the table as well as posters on the wall suggesting other items. After several visits, I’ve found the Mexican Omelet is one of my favorites—peppers, onions, cheese, jalapenos, and tomatoes, wrapped in eggs with salsa and sour cream on the side. There are several choices for accompanying sides, I picked hash browns and a grilled English muffin.

The food arrived quickly and was delicious. The omelet was tasty; spicy hot and cooled by the sour cream. The hash browns were cooked nicely and the grilled muffin was crispy and soft all at the same time. It was an excellent meal.

As I mentioned, there isn’t a lot of seating and the other tables are a bit close, but that adds to the charm and character. If you are looking for a place to get a great, homey, breakfast, the Auto Mile Diner is an excellent choice.

Ambiance: 3 (Clean and open, good for conversations.)
Food: 5 (Every item was cooked perfectly.) 
Service: 5 (Very homey and friendly.)
Price: 4 (Most breakfasts are under $10 each, not including coffee.)
Value: 5 (Good portions and excellent food.)


The Auto Mile Diner is open for breakfast and lunch 5AM-2PM Tuesday through Saturday and 7AM-2PM on Sunday. They are closed Mondays.  Be sure to check out their wall menu and their "Today's Specials menu.



I will definitely return.



Chef George's
Auto Mile Diner
819 Portland Rd
Saco, ME 04072 

(207) 284-0200

Auto Mile Diner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridge Street Cafe - Rockford, MN

Review – Home Chef - Meal Delivery Service