Buffalo Wild Wings - South Portland, Maine

We had a Buffalo Wild Wings (B-Dubs) near where we lived in Smyrna, GA. We were saddened when it closed. When I'd travel I'd often stop by a Buffalo Wild Wings in whatever town I saw them.  I always enjoyed their food. We had noticed one on Western Ave. in South Portland as we drove by and often said to my wife that we needed to stop by sometime. Well, we finally did and am I glad.

We ordered our typical "waters with lemon" and then decided upon
Leinenkugel's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter and an Angry Orchard both on tap.  It was my first time with the Vanilla Porter and I found it extremely good. For a dark beer, it tasted very light and had a smoothness unsurpassed by most other dark porters. My wife tasted it and liked it as well. She, who isn't a beer drinker, said that the Leinenkugel's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter could make her a beer drinker. She liked it that much.

 My wife ordered a small order of (10) wings (all flats). One nice feature at B-Dubs you can order half of the wings one way and the other half a different way.  My wife ordered half Teriyaki and half Medium (hot). She found both to be excellent. The veggie's were also excellent.

I ordered the (boneless) Appetizer Sampler, everything in it was very good, especially the Boneless Wings that I ordered Spicy Garlic. The onion rings and the mozzarella sticks were tasty and NOT greasy. The accompanying sauces were okay. The Southwestern Ranch for the onion rings was very good, the marinara for the mozzarella sticks was also very good.  The sour cream for the nachos tasted was a little thin. It tasted like they added some milk to the sour cream to thin it out a bit. I didn't care for it, but I could see that it was probably better for dipping chips into than a thicker version would be. Also, the sour cream didn't have the tanginess I prefer.  The nachos had a nice amount of chili -- enough, but not too much -- and I really liked the fresh sliced jalapeños.  If they used regular shredded cheese and not a queso cheese sauce, I think they would have been outstanding.

The food, atmosphere and service were the best I've had at a "pub food" in quite a while. I'm looking forward to stopping by again at Buffalo Wild Wings in South Portland, Maine.

Rating


Ambiance: 4 (What you'd expect at a sports bar.)
Food: 4 (Everything was excellent for what it was.)
Service: 4(Wait staff was friendly and reasonably attentive.)
Price: 4 (Dinner averaged $12.50 per person plus drinks which were nicely priced.)
Value: 4 (Very good food at a very good price. We will definitely return.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chef George’s Auto Mile Diner, Saco Maine

Bridge Street Cafe - Rockford, MN

Review – Home Chef - Meal Delivery Service