Hy-Vee Market Grill - Restaurant Review

Hy-Vee Market Grill


I often say, “I love good food that is reasonably priced and great service which makes a meal truly enjoyable. With that in mind, I may have a new favorite restaurant – Hy-Vee Market Grille. During a visit to Minnesota, a friend suggested eating at the restaurant associated with a Hy-Vee grocery store. I had never been to a Hy-Vee, as they came into Minnesota after I moved out of state.  I was skeptical, but I trusted my friend and said, “Sure. Let’s try it.”

Arrival
I was immediately impressed when we arrived and saw they had a very nice bar area. The restaurant was clean and bright. We were immediately greeted and taken to a booth. Although we didn’t have drinks, my friend said they make great drinks, and I believe him.

Pre-ordering

We ordered two coffees plus one water with lemon and one plain water and reviewed the menu.  

Ordering

When the drinks we ordered arrived we placed our food order. My friend decided on two eggs, hash browns, sausage, and toast. I decided on the “Corned Beef Skillet” – Two eggs, corned beef, breakfast potatoes, Swiss cheese, and onions.

Food

My friend indicated that his potatoes were cooked perfectly – right at his preferred level of crispness. He stated his sausage was delicious.


My skillet was excellent.  The corned beef was just a little greasy, but for the most part, the fat was cooked off, and the corned beef had no large fatty chunks. And there was a lot of the corned beef, and it was clearly cut from a brisket, not from something rolled and pressed. The hash browns in the skillet were done perfectly, and the eggs on top were done nicely, not overly crackly or burned. It may have been one of the best Corned Beef Skillets I’ve ever had. Loved it.

Service was excellent, Courtney O. was very pleasant, she checked back often, and kept our coffee fresh.

Ratings

Ambiance: 4 (Clean and open, good for conversations.)
Food: 5 (Every item was cooked perfectly.) 
Service: 5 (Server was friendly and attentive.)
Price: 5 (Our two breakfasts with coffee averaged less than $11.00 each)
Value: 5 (For breakfast I don’t know of many places nicer, more civilized, with better prices.)

Conclusion

I will definitely go back to a Hy-Vee Market Grill whenever I am in an area that has one. The food and service were awesome.

Location

Hy-Vee Market Grill
9409 Zane Ave N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chef George’s Auto Mile Diner, Saco Maine

Bridge Street Cafe - Rockford, MN

Review – Home Chef - Meal Delivery Service