Romano's Macaroni Grill, South Portland, Maine

I suspended this blog in August 2021 because many restaurants were having issues with supplies and staff.
I unsuspended this blog in May 2022 because I have had good experiences eating out, The Romano's Macaroni Grill in South Portland was the last restaurant I reviewed in 2021.

I recently went to Romano's Macaroni Grill in South Portland and had, quite possibly, the worst dinner I've ever had. The Brussel sprouts weren't trimmed, leaving the woody stem and they were burned. The sauce for the Chicken Marsalla was watery and the alcohol from the wine hadn't cooked off. There were problems with the check and overall, it was the worst dining experience I've had in recent memory. 
This was three restaurants in a row with horrible meals. The one thing that all three restaurants had in common is that they all had "new cooks in the kitchen" and all were clearly short staffed. This is the effect of COVID upon the restaurant industry. Restaurants that were once very good now have untrained, inadequate, staff. So, for us, eating out isn't the treat it once was.

With that in mind, I've decided to suspend reviewing or otherwise writing about my restaurant experiences. I might start reviewing again after the COVID effects on restaurants end, but I'm sure that take quite a while.

If you haven't been vaccinated, please do so. We need to beat this COVID thing so the restaurant industry can recover.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chef George’s Auto Mile Diner, Saco Maine

Bridge Street Cafe - Rockford, MN

Review – Home Chef - Meal Delivery Service